Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Effexor XR oral.

12/2/2007 1:32:03 AM

Reviewer: flanders1967, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    This drug stole 5 years of my life the dr kept boosting the dose, the withdrawal lasted 18 months. It was the most awful experience, i lost my career (which i now have back) my husband almost divorced me, and i just felt like dying every day. Prozac has turned out to be the best choice for me. If you feel the "brain shivers" from Effexor, its time to get off it!!!!!!

12/1/2007 9:15:34 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I was prescribed this medication for depression and anxiety. It has helped tremendously for the depression. And it's just been OK for the anxiety. The only side effects I have had from it is if I forget to take it one day, then I start getting very dizzy and sick to my stomach. It's like my body is going through withdraw after only one day.

11/30/2007 9:27:26 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Gained 40+ pounds over the course of 8 months after increasing daily dose. Aside from the weight gain and constant hunger it helped with my depression/mood disorder. After the excessive weight gain and lack of energy, I opted to try something else

11/30/2007 9:20:55 PM

Reviewer: bmagallon69, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been trying different medications for depression for about ten years now, and I feel like I can deal with almost anything thrown my way. I would not want to discontinue use for any reason at this stage. It has been about six months, and I feel the best I have in many years.

11/30/2007 5:50:30 AM

Reviewer: Penny Leavitt, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I'm taking Effexor for depression and anxiety. I like the difference Effexor has made for me, but I think I need more help. I was very positive and upbeat and then suddenly went backwards a few steps. I will talk to doc, but I won't give up my Effexor. It made all the difference in the world. It made my heart peaceful again.

handful of vegetables and vitamins
    Diet tips and mistakes.