Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Effexor XR Oral.

11/7/2007 2:52:36 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Depression
11/7/2007 12:20:07 PM

Reviewer: dragon_fly1*, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
After suffering with clinical depression and trying a myriad of different treatments (drug and psychotherapy) for over 20 years, I had all but given up hope of ever living a normal life. My primary physician recommended EffexorXR about four years ago, and it has been, literally, a life saver! I still have infrequent bouts of the "blues" but nothing like the crushing despair that I had ... Show Full Comment

11/7/2007 11:23:50 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This drug drove me crazy. I felt like I was jumping out of my skin. Strange dreams, shaking, I just couldn't take it.

11/7/2007 1:06:54 AM

Reviewer: leslie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been treated for depression for about a year and a half. I tried ssri and buprion but effexor has been lke night and day. I find that I can be my old self again in my work and I have betterr control over my life at home. My house is still a mess though. Maybe not a depression thing but just a House work thing.

11/6/2007 3:00:31 PM

Reviewer: slushyboots, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on effexor XR for a month and a half now, and have just adjusted my dosage from 75mg/day to 150mg/day, I have found it very easy to use, NO nausea/tremors, and only experienced slight headaches/trouble sleeping but I had that anyway. I am trying to be patient so that I can have relief from depression, and not worry about what the drug is doing to me. It affects EVERYONE DIFFERENTLY so ... Show Full Comment