Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Effexor XR oral.

10/8/2007 3:20:22 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    This medication has helped me alot. I do have minor side affects, but nothing major. I have been able to enjoy life.

10/8/2007 5:28:34 PM

Reviewer: sm71, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I HAVE BEEN ON EFFEXOR FOR ALMOST 9 YEARS, AND IT'S THE BEST MED. I'VE EVER TAKEN FOR ANY ILLNESS.

10/8/2007 4:05:16 PM

Reviewer: Jessie, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years

Comment:
    I had a horrible time while I was on this medication. My PCP put me on this right before I left home for college. She thought the stress I was going through was related to depression but the fact was I was scared to move 15 hours away to go to school. I was on this medication for 2 years and if I missed a single dose, I would feel the withdrawal symptoms immediately. I would have trouble walki ... Show Full Comment

10/7/2007 8:50:23 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    it brought me out of a depression but it made me borderline manic. I was acting uncharacteristic and had a bad gagging reflex even when i would swallow water. also, i was unable to climax sexually for the entire time I was on the medication.

10/7/2007 11:45:15 AM

Reviewer: sandra, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    it works well with my depression but doesnt work well with other pain meds such as nsaids and ibfofen