Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Adipex-P oral.

1/12/2008 12:27:31 AM

Reviewer: newme666, 35-44 Female (Patient)

Comment:
none

1/7/2008 3:57:24 PM

Reviewer: xiomara, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
my experience was great i lost 40 pounds

1/6/2008 6:35:55 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Honestly, I got about 15 pills from a friend. I am not over weight at all but could not loose the extra 5-10 I wanted to before vacation. I dropped 7 pounds in NO TIME. It gave me extra energy and basically wiped away any desire for food. I had to make myself eat something everyday. I felt great. Don't know if it actually works that well for people over weight. It took my friend about 3 ... Show Full Comment

1/4/2008 10:15:52 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication since 10/22/07 and I have lost 34lbs, I have a MVP and it does not effect my heart in anyway, no jetters,sweats,diarrhea,racing-heart. I total recommend it. The only side effect for me is dry mouth, but I have always drank lots of liquids so not a biggie. I am active, but I don't do any kind of stict exercise routine. It does give me energy, but I am not ... Show Full Comment

1/3/2008 4:34:10 PM

Reviewer: mobetter3366@yahoo.com, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this drug for about 3 weeks and have not lost anything. In the beginning I was not hungry and actually though I lost a pound or two. My doctor just increased by dose and I am hoping it helps. I weigh 170 so need to look about 15-20 pounds. I'm not sure if it is for those who need to lose small amounts of weight. I am hoping it kicks in now that I have increased the dose.