Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of aygestin oral.

3/5/2014 1:46:55 AM

Reviewer: noname, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This was prescribed as my period stopped for two months. Have been on this med for over a year and have no problems. It allows the lining to leave my body as my body still produces estogen which produces the lining.

8/22/2013 10:41:50 PM

Reviewer: bbgg833, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was experiencing very heavy periods with clots. It was awful. My period started coming every 2 weeks. I was losing so much blood I had to get a transfusion. The Aygestin was a Godsend. Bleeding stopped immediately. I've been on it for several weeks now with no apparent side effects.

3/21/2013 7:16:32 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones
12/1/2012 11:33:45 PM

Reviewer: EMP, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am 36 years old. The Dr. put me on this medication because I had been spotting for 2 months. I took it for 2 days the spotting stopped. I took it for 10 days as told by the Dr. I am now 3 days off the meds, I am slightly spotting, waiting for my heavy period to come. During these 3 days I have been irritable, anxious, depressed, I have leg weakness, I have pimples on my chest and back. WOW!!! Ne ... Show Full Comment

6/5/2012 7:44:13 PM

Reviewer: krisib, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My main concern is the tremors I get in my hands when taking this med. I had very slight tremors before I took it, but now they are hard to control AND I am a dental hygienist! I need to have steady hands. I was on 15mg a day to stop the heavy bleeding/clots/passing uterine lining. I need to cut back. Dr suggests only 2.5mg a day. was on 15mg a day to stop bleeding to have a hystroscopy done. wait ... Show Full Comment