Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Rituxan IV.

7/29/2013 6:39:08 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis
7/12/2013 10:40:45 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This drug is the only thing that has helped me with my RA. Only problems I've experienced with the infusion was some allergic reactions during the infusione that were corrected by decreasing the amount of the IV. Also had some nausea for a couple of weeks. The positives of this drug far out weigh the negatives.

6/14/2013 2:17:42 PM

Reviewer: slm1953, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
I have had RA for over 30 years. Rituxan has allowed me to get my life back. My pain has been GREATLY reduced. I no longer have pain on a daily basis. I still have flare-ups but they are not as serious as before. I'm no longer a regular guest at the local hospital ER. I am free of my cane and walker. My depression is much better. I work part-time. I have a history of several joint operations, ... Show Full Comment

5/23/2013 1:27:28 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had RA for 36 yrs. Enbrel was my number one choice but it faded out after 7 yrs. Rituxan did great for 3 years, but now it, too, is losing its effectiveness, so my doctor suggested going up to 3 times/year instead of 2..yikes. I just can't make myself do that because of the severe possible brain disease and other things. I am on Orencia now but I don't think its going to do much ... Show Full Comment

5/18/2013 12:29:49 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This is not an "easy" choice for me. It is however about the only option available to me now as other treatments have failed. My reaction has been uneven. Sometimes I suffer side effects for 1-4 weeks and other times just a few days. Eventually I get relief but that also varies from a little to a lot. I look forward to a new alternative but until then, this is my best option.

chest x-ray