Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Bactrim Oral.

5/20/2012 4:18:05 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed Bactrim DS for an infection by a dermatologist. On the 8th day, I developed a rash on my face and felt like I was coming down with the flu. I noticed this before bed and was going to call the offoce in the morning. I woke up at 3 am with hematomas in my mouth. I went to the er and while there I developed petechiae all over my body. I was admitted to the hospital because my platele ... Show Full Comment

4/26/2012 8:21:14 AM

Reviewer: mrross44, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
ONE HOUR AFTER TAKING THE MEDICATION, I BROKE OUT IN CHILLS AND FEVER, AND RED EYES, STAYED IN BED FOR 3 DAYS TO RECUPERATE AND STILL HAVE NOT COMPLETELY RECOVERED.

12/18/2011 12:58:28 AM

Reviewer: Quest4Lucidity, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Bactrim ALMOST KILLED ME! I was BLEEDING THROUGH MY SKIN, OUT OF MY EYES, NOSE, MOUTH AND EVERY OTHER ORIFICE! It caused my body to attack itself! My immune system attacked the platelets in my blood. The condition is called thrombocytopenia and there is NO CURE for this PERMANENT AUTOIMMUNE DISORDER! It never helped with my infection either! I wish I could sue!

11/23/2011 11:17:16 AM

Reviewer: Cari, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have a strong tolerance for most medicine, but this drug made me so sick. I truly thought I would have to go to the ER. I only took two of the pills in one day (10 hours apart) and my system was so messed up. Terrible stomach cramps and pains. Had to spend the day laying down. Symptoms went on for a good two days. I think this drug should be illegal. Don't take it!!

5/18/2011 4:09:18 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had taken this drug for 10 days... on the 10th day I broke out in a major rash. I have never been allergic to anything in my life so I brushed it off. I ended up getting another skin infection and the doc prescribed this again I took the first dose and within an hour I had a rash, fever, my face and neck was swollen and the infected area of my skin actually got worse. I ended up in the hospital ... Show Full Comment

sore foot
3 warning signs.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver