Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Bentyl oral.

3/10/2009 10:52:02 PM

Reviewer: JessiLynn, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am only 19 years old and went to my doctor with horrible pain in my lower abdomen and left lower quadrant. I have had the LLQ pain for a couple of years now off and on and my gyno assumed it was my ovary. Now come to find out it is most likely IBS or an intolerance to gluten. My doc prescribed me Bentyl and it did NOT work for me. I called her a week later and she switched my meds. I am now (com ... Show Full Comment

3/2/2009 2:41:41 PM

Reviewer: dancinh, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor gave me this as an antispasmodic after trying Levsin, which did not work for me. This medication isn't a whole lot better and only worked for me about half the time. It works more for the intestinal cramping than it does as an antispasmodic...for me anyway. I have yet to find anything that works for the GI spasms (if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, my email is dancinh ... Show Full Comment

2/11/2009 12:36:58 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was in the ER for abdominal pain, and the doctor gave me a shot of Bentyl. It took the pain away, however I found out I am allergic to it. I am covered in hives and I have a migraine headache.

1/25/2009 6:17:20 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I thought it was working well at first but still having same problems like I did before medication.

1/22/2009 2:04:23 PM

Reviewer: IBS33, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Bentyl changed my life. I occasionally have episodes while on it, but I am narrowing those down to certain foods. Overall, I have no more cramping or diarrhea as long as I remember to take it. I just wish it came in a once or twice daily form.