Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Evista Oral.

2/24/2008 11:15:02 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years

Comment:
Have been on Evista for two years following a diagnosis of ostiopaenia. Just had a bone density test and my density has increased, showing no signs of osteopaenia.

2/17/2008 10:02:17 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have osteopenia. Was on Actonel for 1-1/2 yrs. Had a bone density test. No growth of bone from medicine. Changed to Evista and prempro hormone stopped to prevent risk of breast cancer. (Evista contains bone and hormone medicine). Had another bone density test 1-1/2 yrs. later. More bone loss. Dr. changed medicine to Fosamax, but it does not contain any hormone and I am Terribly Missing that par ... Show Full Comment

2/8/2008 8:41:14 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking Evista two weeks ago and now have a lot of pain in my knee. I am going to discontinue use and see if this makes a difference.

1/16/2008 1:45:11 PM

Reviewer: debB, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
After taking Evista daily for 4 months, I had to stop because body and muscle aches began to impact my daily life.I couldn't go up stairs or get up out of a chair without some serious hip and knee pain. I am not out of shape or overweight.I also experienced shoulder and middle of back pain that felt like it was "in my bones."

12/21/2007 8:07:28 PM

Reviewer: meaningfulc, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
When I was 27 years old I had to have a hysterectomy due to endometriosis. So I went thru a surgical menopause. My Dr. did not put me on any meds for prevention of osteoporosis then. If he had I most likely would not have osteo. so severely now. My age now is 55. I am angry that back then my dr. did not do that or recommend that I needed meds. Now the dr. I am seeing has had me on Evista 60m ... Show Full Comment