Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of furosemide oral.

8/14/2008 4:28:23 PM

Reviewer: Mss G, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am taking this medication for edema in both ankles but especially the right. I have been to many specialists to find the cause and no one seems to know why I have the edema. As a result, my pressure has gone up. The label says its a powerful diuretic - I don't think so. I do go quite a bit 1 hour after taking it and a couple of time after that, but by mid-day, the urinating tapers off. ... Show Full Comment

8/8/2008 3:19:01 PM

Reviewer: christsbloodheals84, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
i was put on this med when i went into the hospital and was diagnosed w/congestive heart failure. a week later i woke up and from my belly to my knees were extremly swollen. dr told me to quadruple my dose and i peed out 7lbs of water over night, no joke!!!great med!!!

6/13/2008 9:22:50 AM

Reviewer: jennifer townsend, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
it made me nausiated and dizzy

5/26/2008 5:48:09 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It took 3-4 days for it to start working for me, so I was starting to get depressed & discouraged & wanting to switch to something else... until after about the fourth or fifth day of weighing myself EVERY TIME after peeing (literally), I finally started to notice a slow drop in weight! I decided to stick with this medicine & it started working very good for me...so please don't ge ... Show Full Comment

4/14/2008 11:53:00 PM

Reviewer: cindy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this drug for 10 yrs. I started out taking 40mg but I now take 80mg. For some reason after a while the medication stops working for a up to 3 weeks and then starts to work again. Because of this problem, my Dr has put me on spironolactone 25mg along with the furosemide to see if that will help my problem.