Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Bactrim DS Oral.

2/21/2013 10:53:23 AM

Reviewer: sk123, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was started on this antibiotic to treat Impetigo. I'm currently half way through the treatment, and the only side effect I'm experiencing is appetite loss which isn't much to complain about. So far it seems to be helping clear up the affected area and decrease swelling. On the upside, it has also cleared up most of my acne on my face and including my back. Overall I'm satisfied w ... Show Full Comment

12/29/2012 1:23:19 PM

Reviewer: mel, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have used Bactrim in the past with no side effects, taking it at bedtime, for adult acne. This time however, I took it for 3 nights and had insomnia until about 3 am. Insomnia is a rare side effect for this rx. I might be able to tolerate it if I took it in the morning instead, but haven't tried yet.

12/8/2012 11:24:47 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on a 10 day course of Bactrim DS for an infected knee cyst. I experienced mild nausea and headache if I took the meds on an empty stomach but otherwise temperature regulation (chills/sweating) was the only side effect I experienced. I did take Align probiotics once a day to combat those "other" side effects.

10/31/2012 2:10:41 PM

Reviewer: Melissa, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took this medication for a large abscess on my arm. I took this medication with a B vitamin complex, which I read can drastically reduce the side effects (a B9 vitamin supplement is what you need, folic acid). . I have been told when taking antibiotics, it's good to help replenish the natural bacteria in the gut with a probiotic, so I'm going to be taking a probiotic along with B9 at ... Show Full Comment

10/2/2012 10:30:38 AM

Reviewer: 7-12 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Since taking this medication, have lost 5 lbs, nausea and vomiting and fatigue. Loss of apetite. Ended the medication and still having nausea and vomiting after 7 days. Cleared up the skin infection but will never use this drug again.

man rubbing painful knee
Causes, warning signs.
Live and thrive.
couple kissing
What do you know about locking lips?
man with problem