Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of lithium carbonate Oral.

8/12/2008 3:17:57 PM

Comment:
I've been on Lithium 1200mg, on and off for years for my Bi-Polar Depression. I think it helps some, but I am constantly tired. I am also on Lexapro, Xanex, and Mirtazapine. I am also on diabetic meds that may contribute????

8/4/2008 2:41:22 PM

Reviewer: lovinlife, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I recently started taking 600 mg lithium per day. I am glad I am taking it. I am not as agitated and angry as I was before. I am a better mom because of it. I was very scared when I was put on it, but don't let fear get in the way of you getting better. It is working for me!

7/25/2008 12:17:55 AM

Reviewer: MoonBaby3475, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Lithium 600mg a day for about a year now. I started taking 900mg a day but found that 600mg was sufficient. However, I do struggle with weight gain, loss of sex drive and I seem to be emotionless since I've been on the Lithium. I also take Cymbalta and Xanax with the Lithium. I would certainly recommend Lithium if you can handle the side effects you may experience. I am c ... Show Full Comment

7/19/2008 7:36:45 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Easier transition than with other prescriptions I have been prescribed. Less side-effects

7/11/2008 10:43:26 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This drug works great for me in the winter, when I get severely depressed. I get some side effects such as weight gain, loss of creativity (I'm a painter) and acne, but during spring/summer/fall I don't have to be on it. You have to really listen to your body and know when you're taking too much and drink a ton of water.