Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of tetracycline oral.

7/4/2014 12:07:29 AM

Reviewer: Cheryl, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on this medication for about 1year to clear up my acne before my wedding and it worked great. Then, about 14 years later, I decided to go on it again and I had a severe reaction to it. I had horrible joint pain that I did not at first associate with the medication. But after I stopped taking it, the paint began to go away. I took one more pill and had such horrible pain, I was in agony. Th ... Show Full Comment

5/17/2013 3:13:15 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
While this drug did help clear my acne it also caused benign intracranial hypertension (pseudotumor cerebri). Basically the drug caused me to have symptoms like having a brain tumor, but in fact I did not have a brain tumor. After about 3 months on this drug I started getting severe headaches and my vision started to become blurry. I went to see my eye doctor who told me my optic nerves were very ... Show Full Comment

5/25/2011 11:55:03 PM

Reviewer: (Patient)

Comment:
This medicine made me feel extremely depressed. I can't explain it very well, but I just felt lethargic and apathetic when I was taking this. If I could go back in time and never have taken this drug/medicine I would. It wasn't very helpful at all and actually created some other problems in the future.

3/18/2011 11:31:06 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've only been on this med for 3 days now and am already seeing a difference. I'm 32 and my acne is worse now than when I was a teenager. I'm hopeing that this med will clear my acne up and I'll look like a normal person again.

7/26/2010 8:01:31 AM

Reviewer: unknown, 13-18 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
the doctor prescribed this to me and sed take two 500mg pills at 7 am and 6 pm a total of 2000mg a day. A month later i am in a hospital with pancreatitus for tw weeks and i couldnt eat for a whole month. i also had a feeding tube by the way im only 15 my body cant handle that amount of medication the doctor almost killed me. The dosage that i listed was my starting dose.

man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.
stressed working woman