Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of norethindrone acetate oral.

9/22/2009 9:20:23 AM

Reviewer: bwill, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have fibroids,an enlarged uterus and possibly endometriosis.I'm facing a posssible hysterectomy. Been on this med for 21 days, bleeding has gotten lighter, missed a pill for 1 day and had severe bleeding, cramping and passing of large clots again as before the norethindrone. again. No side effects noted. I will see my gyn today to discuss further options.

8/5/2009 5:25:46 PM

Reviewer: Julie, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
This medication caused night sweats and severe moodiness. I basically was swung into menopause. Ive been on it 6 years now and the pain is well under control. It is worth taking.

2/14/2009 11:14:59 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using this treatment for a year and a half I think it works well. I am only 21 and have had endometriosis, so this pill was the easiest way to keep that at bay. However now I am starting to notice all the side effects. I exercise every day but don't seem to lose any weight, I'm terribly moody (mostly when I'm already under stress), and I feel like I am going through meno ... Show Full Comment

1/26/2009 10:03:06 PM

Reviewer: Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
At first this medication was great for stopping the bleeding and pain associated with endometriosis. After being on the medication for a year, the side effects began to intensify. A year and a half later, I had 8 of the 12 listed side effects handed to me in a pamphlet at the pharmacy. I gained 25 lbs. although I ran or worked out every day. The nausea was the worst part, closely followed by the i ... Show Full Comment

1/4/2009 9:29:21 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Though the medication is easy to use, I am not satisfied with how it makes me feel. After reading the side effects I now realize that the symptoms that I have been experiencing are normal. I have had difficulty sleeping, night sweats, headaches, extreme moodiness and prolonged periods. To me this is not the ideal treatment for endometriosis.