Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Zocor Oral.

4/2/2013 9:23:53 AM

Reviewer: Robert, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking the medication for over 5 years (10 mg), and it has done a great job in improving my blood lipid profile. I have not had any side effects from the drug, but I am concerned about potential long term complications since not much is known about long term use of statins. I am disappointed that I haven't come across one physician who recommends taking COQ10 while taking statins ... Show Full Comment

4/1/2013 3:33:43 PM

Reviewer: BirdsofFire, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed Zocor/simvastatin on 4 occassions. Each time, I had a severe adverse drug reaction including: hypertension, hyperglycemia, tachycardia, dizziness, aggitation. Finally, my cardiologist notated my health records that I was unable to take statins.

3/27/2013 8:27:10 AM

Reviewer: achgrma, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Had thinning and loss of hair

3/26/2013 8:03:26 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This medication has helped lower my cholesterol levels but I recently fell and ruptured my bi-lateral quad tendons on both legs. In researching my injury, it seems that zocor may be the culprit. I take 80 mg and I have taken myself off the medicine because of my injury. I had been complaining of my thighs aching everytime I tried to get out of the chair or couch. I believe it is the statin med ... Show Full Comment

2/10/2013 8:28:25 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
loosing weight