Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Zocor oral.

5/15/2008 8:32:55 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this medication 5 months ago and my ldl has gone from 189 to 106. I have changed my eating habits slightly but not by much. All that with no side effects. It worked for me and it might work for you.

5/12/2008 11:13:41 AM

Reviewer: huskerkate, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The medication was effective in lowering my cholesterol. However, IT WAS MORE EFFECTIVE IN GIVING ME PERMANENT PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY! It has been a couple of years since I took Zocor for about 3 mo. I then figured out what was causing the needle/pin/burning in my feet, mostly at night. I took myself off and saw an immediate decrease. My dr. did not really believe me, I could tell, and put me ... Show Full Comment

5/12/2008 7:48:42 AM

Reviewer: kdfallon, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am 45, have a primary brain tumor. So far, have outlived the 1 1/2 to 2 year diagnosis, and am at 3 years. Began taking Zocor two weeks ago. I am now living in "dulls-ville". If something is going to kill me, I would prefer the active brain tumor to do it. I am not taking any more. <><

5/9/2008 8:37:20 PM

Reviewer: Ms. G, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I herniated my L5, but my back has been getting better, but my legs/ankles/calves have been on fire, needle/pin feeling with no explanation until I started reading about this drug - headaches as well. Although it lowered my cholesteral, this pain is not worth it! I am concerned that this drug is causing this issue after reading reviews. I am taking myself off of it immediately!

5/6/2008 1:42:08 PM

Reviewer: carl, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
chest pain' joint paint