Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Zocor oral.

5/26/2008 2:34:17 AM

Reviewer: dfwmifb, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Been on zocor for two years now. At first it was working very well. Every three months I would have to have lab work performed to see if it interferring with liver functions. Was doing ok but my doctor has increased my doseage. Went back to have blood work done and my cholesterol has risen. I have carefully been watching what I eat...cut out many of my favorite foods. So what the heck is going on. ... Show Full Comment

5/15/2008 8:32:55 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I started taking this medication 5 months ago and my ldl has gone from 189 to 106. I have changed my eating habits slightly but not by much. All that with no side effects. It worked for me and it might work for you.

5/12/2008 11:13:41 AM

Reviewer: huskerkate, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    The medication was effective in lowering my cholesterol. However, IT WAS MORE EFFECTIVE IN GIVING ME PERMANENT PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY! It has been a couple of years since I took Zocor for about 3 mo. I then figured out what was causing the needle/pin/burning in my feet, mostly at night. I took myself off and saw an immediate decrease. My dr. did not really believe me, I could tell, and put me ... Show Full Comment

5/12/2008 7:48:42 AM

Reviewer: kdfallon, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I am 45, have a primary brain tumor. So far, have outlived the 1 1/2 to 2 year diagnosis, and am at 3 years. Began taking Zocor two weeks ago. I am now living in "dulls-ville". If something is going to kill me, I would prefer the active brain tumor to do it. I am not taking any more. <><

5/9/2008 8:37:20 PM

Reviewer: Ms. G, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I herniated my L5, but my back has been getting better, but my legs/ankles/calves have been on fire, needle/pin feeling with no explanation until I started reading about this drug - headaches as well. Although it lowered my cholesteral, this pain is not worth it! I am concerned that this drug is causing this issue after reading reviews. I am taking myself off of it immediately!

handful of vegetables and vitamins
    Diet tips and mistakes.