Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Zocor oral.

2/29/2008 10:25:15 AM

Reviewer: Mazted@att.net, 55-64 on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    When I started Zocor, I had pains in my back/chest area. I told the doctor that I stopped the medication. He wanted to change me to something else, but I decided to give it anothwer try. It went ok for a few weeks, than I started waking up all night. Now, I have severe leg pains and will call the doctor today. I'm sure it's Zocor!

2/22/2008 4:04:54 PM

Reviewer: BJK, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Male 61. Taking Zocor 6 weeks. Cholesterol went from 290 to 160. However, I don't feel well. Interrupted sleep, joint pain, and sluggish feeling.

2/14/2008 6:29:32 PM

Reviewer: pegela, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    3 months on 20 mg Simvastatin and my LDL went from 171 to 107 but my HDL went down from 72 to 65! Triglicerides were good before and after. Side effects are back/chest pain and heartburn which my Dr said was not due to the drug but couldn't find another cause; trouble sleeping, constant colds, flu-like symptoms and/or bronchitis. Also, I had been losing weight 1-2 lbs per week during the pr ... Show Full Comment

2/8/2008 11:16:02 AM

Reviewer: TonyD, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Male, 62. The drug has done what it is designed to do. However I appear to be having side effects which I did not know were associated with this drug. Poor sleep, aching joints, terrible heart burn which usually occures at bed time. Blood work normal, including liver function. Will address these issues with my doctor. THANKS WEBMD for the valuable information!

2/7/2008 10:08:33 AM

Reviewer: patietinneed, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I stopped taking Zocor in December, 2006 and my health problems as worsten. My right leg is so heavy to the point that I need help walking. I have severe pain in my lower butts constantly. My urine has stopped to the point I needed a catheter. Now the side effects from Zocor is muscle weakness. I took Zocor for 10 years, will Zocor expense out of my blood system? Is there a doctor can prescr ... Show Full Comment