Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of NyQuil oral.

3/5/2016 9:13:03 PM

Reviewer: Female (Patient)

Comment:
    I did not sleep well and still experienced runny nose and coughing. The following morning my lips and face were swollen. I believe I had an allergic reaction to it. I have used it before with no problem but this was the new cherry flavor. I will not use it again.

12/15/2015 1:25:36 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I use the Nyquil/Dayquil caps. I don't know why, but I don't get the drowsiness! They do help me sleep though because they eliminate the cough and running nose, and for that alone they are worth it to me. I do not seem to get any side effects except for dry nasal passages, and that is okay with me!

5/20/2015 10:17:34 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    can't say this with absolute certainty, but taking Nyquil caused UTI for me.. I noticed it twice the first time i had some burning sensation the next time (a few weeks later) i took it, it resulted in UTI. Just posting here if there are more people who experienced this please post your experience and we can get vicks to add UTI as a side effect.

3/23/2015 8:10:29 AM

Reviewer: JH, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    While nyquil is easy to pour and swallow, the side effects absolutely tear me apart. I often do not sleep well as well as very intense abdominal pain from the medicine. The abdominal pain can cause nausea and be worse than menstrual cramps.

1/21/2015 9:03:12 AM

Reviewer: Shorkiemom, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I love the cherry flavour! This saved me at night, as it effectively reduced symptoms so I could sleep. The one drawback is that I'm deadly drowsy in the morning, even after eight hours of sleep.