Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of simvastatin oral.

6/27/2008 12:54:32 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Simvastatin (40 mg.) for 3 weeks and took myself off them. I was having such severe back pain to the point I almost had my husband take me to emergency. Since going off this medicine, I am MUCH better. The pain in my back and shoulders is getting better every day, and I have more energy. I am going back on Crestor (10 mg.) with a blood test in 6 weeks and another one in 3 months ... Show Full Comment

6/26/2008 7:04:56 AM

Reviewer: rmb3005, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 54 year old male with type II diabetes. I've been on a low dose (10mg) for a year because my doctor was concerned about my cholesterol because of the diabetes, even though it was only 180. Even though it's a low dose, I still have lower back pain as well as well as pain between my shoulder blades, and I don't have the same level of energy that I had prior to taking this. However ... Show Full Comment

6/25/2008 11:58:00 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 62 yr old female. I take 80mg and have developed a slight cough but hope it will go away. No other side effects - have been taking for 3 months. I would advise taking at night.

6/24/2008 6:32:36 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was so glad to read that others are having same problems arm and leg pains, exhaustion. After complaining to dr he cut medicine form40 mg to 20 mg but after reading reviews im stopping medicine and calling my doctor. I was on vitorin for years and felt great. Now crestor and this one are exhausting me. I want to feel good again.

6/14/2008 9:03:15 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Started taking Simvastatin over a year ago. I am a 62 yr old male, in good health. I exercise and watch my diet.I have had little to no side effects from this drug. It has lowered my Cholesterol from 212 to under 125 and still dropping. If I have to take a med. for this condition I don't know what other med I would take. Happy with the results "SO FAR".