Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of simvastatin oral.

6/14/2008 9:03:15 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Started taking Simvastatin over a year ago. I am a 62 yr old male, in good health. I exercise and watch my diet.I have had little to no side effects from this drug. It has lowered my Cholesterol from 212 to under 125 and still dropping. If I have to take a med. for this condition I don't know what other med I would take. Happy with the results "SO FAR".

6/10/2008 2:11:41 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Since being put on this medicine, I have been ill the whole time. Dizziness, light headed, muscle spasms, loose bowel movements, headaches, no energy, want to sleep all the time, depression, etc. I never thought it was the medicine until I read some of the drug ratings. I don't get blood tested until August. I was on Crestor with no problems at all. My ins. company recommended this drug b ... Show Full Comment

5/31/2008 11:43:00 AM

Reviewer: alandlida, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
80 year old female. I have been on this med for a month and my left leg hurt so bad that when I went to the dr., he ordered a sonogram (no clot however, thank God) but after reading these side effects, I can understand the leg ache. My cholesterol went from 205 to 159 - so THAT worked. Also will start taking med at bedtime - was not told to do that. See if that works.

5/23/2008 6:31:28 AM

Reviewer: sue53mn, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Simvastatin 10mg the past month. Within 3 days of taking it I developed severe rashy red blothy hive-like skin outbreaks covering front neck below chin, upper chest, forearms, top of hands and severe dry skin overall. I never had skin problems, even acne as a kid. Knew it was the Rx. Clinic refused to believe it's the Rx and told me to see a dermatologist for a possible biopsy re: rai ... Show Full Comment

5/21/2008 4:07:49 PM

Comment:

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture