Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Famciclovir Oral.

8/4/2009 10:01:01 PM

Reviewer: don't know it, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Not ever having had a shingles outbreak before, I didn't know how long it would take the drug to work. I thought 5 days was much too long... guess that was due to the overall misery of the disease. Sudden sharp (and deep) pain, severe stinging, some burning, and lots of itching. I was crying for relief. Thankfully, the doctor also put me on Prednisone and Vicodin. These definitely helped. ... Show Full Comment

8/1/2009 5:32:23 PM

Reviewer: IRENE, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I TOOK THIS DRUG FOR A FEW DAYS BUT HAD TO STOP BECAUSE IT CAUSED A RAPID HEART BEAT, I ALSO FELT WEAK.

4/14/2009 2:30:12 PM

Reviewer: Giz, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Once again, I take this for my Shingles. It seems to be working better in conjunction with the hydroxyzine and prednisone. I havent had to take any Lortab at this point. I think I caught the onset before he had a chance to take over. Maybe this will be my magic cocktail. For those of you that have suffered through out the years maybe this cocktail will help you out also. But you have to catch ... Show Full Comment

3/10/2009 1:13:30 PM

Reviewer: BB, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
When I first used it, it was so bad by the second day it turned me off of food. I kept getting indigestion from it. I used the whole seven days and I still have some shingles.

2/22/2009 10:51:51 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have shingles in my ear and was put on this medication along with a pain pill. It has made me tremendously sick. After 3 days of being sick, I was reading more on it, and people with glactose or glacose-galactose absorbtion problems should not use. I am lactose intolerant and it has severly effected me. I was never asked if I had these issues by the doctor or the pharmacist.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture