Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Benzoin Tincture Plain topical.

1-4 of 4
    2/11/2015 12:29:18 PM

Reviewer: hiker, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I'm a long distance hiker and I bring benzione with me on my hikes. I have found it works really well on bee/wasp stings, troublesome plants like hogweed, wild parsnip, or poison sumac, and can relieve pain caused by blisters and splinters.

10/8/2010 10:09:56 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I had Benzoin Tincture put on both sides of my incisions to hold on the steri-stips. About two days later, started developing a hot, red, blistering rash all along where it had the Benzoin was. I called the local ER, they suggested using alcohol to 'cut' it and try to get it off. I did and it helped but we'll see how much worse it will get. I'll make sure to tell everyone I can ... Show Full Comment

3/9/2009 11:28:14 PM

Reviewer: bsm, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I recently has surgery on my knee and advised EVERYONE that I was allergic to Benzoin or bedodine. They used it anyway and I experienced an oozing rash simlar to the one described in the previous post. What about "I am allergic" don't these people Get?

10/7/2008 9:23:03 PM

Reviewer: konarose, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I am an RN. I have had numerous surgeries. When surgeons 'closed' surgical incisions on me, at times Tincture of Benzoin has been used as a type of adhesive, to help the steri strips (type of a post-surgical tape) stay on until the wound had time to heal together. Wherever the Benzoin was placed on my skin, that skin reacted with what looked like and felt like 2nd-3rd degree burns, inc. ch ... Show Full Comment

1-4 of 4