Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mucinex Oral.

3/4/2008 2:20:47 PM

Reviewer: S Sparks, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took this medication while on my lunch break and was not prepared for it to make me extremly sleepy. I read over the package and drowniess is not listed as a side effect! I am not happy with being so sleepy I can barely function at work! The cost is also not friendly! I paid $12.00 for a bottle of 14 pills a the local mart store.

2/24/2008 10:38:42 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Though it did loosen the phlem on my chest, it didn't supress the cough very well - so I still sucked on a cough supprecent lozenge. But after 1 dose, I experienced an unexpected deep sleep followed by a feeling of dizziness and unsure footing when I awakened. No mention of drowsiness on any of the labeling. I don't think I'd take this again

2/22/2008 2:31:16 AM

Reviewer: Can't sleep w/o NyQuil, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I don't see much results for my cough for the last 3 days. NyQuil is much more effective for the cough and allows you to sleep ! My husband had the same cough and congestion but didn't find any relief at night for his cough. What a waste of money. Cheaper to use NyQuil instead.

2/20/2008 6:01:19 PM

Reviewer: Judy in Santa Cruz, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I came to this website trying to find info on Mucinex after taking my first dose a couple of hours ago. I thought maybe I should go to Urgent Care, but I am too dizzy to drive. Now I see dizziness is common. The box should warn you. The Mucinex website just has cartoons! Thanks WebMD! (And my cough IS much better!)

2/18/2008 7:28:26 PM

Reviewer: lady3, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Went to Doctor with 101 temp. Put on antibolic and Mucinex for chest congestion. After 2 days temp was down and coughing less. I could not understand why I was getting stomach cramps and dizzy feeling, until I read other peoples problem. I could find no side effect information on the package. I will not take this medicine again.

Does your kid have symptoms?