Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mucinex oral.

1/28/2016 8:49:56 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Could not sleep after taking medication. Made my heart race. Recommend taking during the day.

10/5/2015 11:38:51 PM

Reviewer: Wiser now, 75 or over Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Did not help my congestion at all. I have never felt as bad as I did after taking Mucinex for 2 days. I had dizziness and malaise with a loss of my sense of taste and smell for 5 days after I stopped taking it, and I'm still not back to normal 7 days later, I will never take it again.

7/31/2015 9:22:19 PM

Reviewer: Dove, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I had some really tough mucus building up in my lungs, stopping me from breathing, which in turn kept me coughing both to try and get the mucus out and bc I wanted to breathe better. I had a nightmare of a night's sleep and decided i'd do something about the horrible mucus buildup. By recommendation from a friend, I bought Mucinex DM for extended 12h relief. Took one pill during the day a ... Show Full Comment

1/18/2015 5:02:02 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Very expensive and didn't work for me at all. Could not peel back instruction label. Don't waste your money.

12/9/2014 7:23:07 PM

Reviewer: Better!, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I found it to be very effective for me. I took the 600mg once every twelve hours and noticed a significant difference. I will also say that I found it equally important to stay hydrated as it really helped my body to fight the cold and cough while taking this medication. I share that because when I did have caffeine and didn't drink as much water, my coughing increased and my throat began to ... Show Full Comment