Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lexapro.

5/10/2014 10:31:53 AM

Reviewer: Angie04, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Lexapro 10 mg the last 3 weeks, but don't feel many results. When will it start to work?

5/6/2014 5:57:26 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
19yo female, took Lexapro for 2 weeks, the entire second week I was in a constant state of being suicidal... it made me 100x more depressed than I already was, and it was bad in the first place. The second week was one of the worst of my life. I was a lifeless zombie. Take this medication very seriously.

4/30/2014 2:43:40 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Depression
4/30/2014 1:06:22 AM

Reviewer: anthdew, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I took Lexapro 20mg/day for OCD, GAD, Anxiety, and mild depression. I have tried most anti-depressants out there and this is defiantly one of the better ones. I have found that benzos like Xanax work better and you don't want to take this medication with any benzo because it will come with severe side effects but if you want to try an antidepressants I would suggest trying this one first.

4/10/2014 3:10:46 PM

Reviewer: Alicia, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had been on Lexapro for 9 years and it helped with my depression, mood swings,OCD and GAD. When I was put on the generic brand for 3 months, I saved money, but it didn't work. I had suicidal thoughts, was irritable, sad, crying and my anxiety returned. I hadn't felt this way in years. I got tired of it and went back to the brand Lexapro a week ago. I feel like I can cope more with my ... Show Full Comment