Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of SMZ-TMP DS Oral.

1/2/2010 3:57:48 PM

Reviewer: jhjs, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
taken twice a day for 5 days and still have a slight heaviness in the pelvic area. will continue with 2nd refill and hope this will do the trick

9/6/2009 10:42:48 PM

Reviewer: Sonya, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have just started taking SMZ/TMP 800 two times a day. Upon my first dose I got very nauseated and had loss of appetite. The second day I developed diarreah and lack of energy. I drink lots of water and continue to have the same reaction along with stomach bloat. I will continue to take it for the time I have been prescribed, but don't think that I would ever take it again.

8/20/2009 1:09:41 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection
8/11/2009 2:52:16 PM

Reviewer: Sick1, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for 5 days now and the whole entire time I have been nauseated and the last two days I have felt like I have something stuck in the bottom of my throat and it's burning! I've also been very tired, and haven't had much appetite or energy. I guess I'm going to just stick it out I only have 4 doses left but if it were up to me I would NEVER get on th ... Show Full Comment

7/29/2009 5:13:47 PM

Reviewer: Lucine, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took two a day at 800-160mg for ten days. I have chronic severe infections. This med helps substantially, but I bet should have been on it longer ( i will have another one in a week) I did notice feeling sunburned even though I was not, and every night I had crazy dreams while taking this. On the third day my abdomen swelled up and was cramping and sore. I almost went to the ER, then decided it ... Show Full Comment

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.