Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo 28 oral.

6/24/2014 11:44:42 AM

Reviewer: Reviewqueen, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo is wonderful! Took it for 10 years. No weight gain, no side effects,shorter periods, and it helps you to have a amazing clear complexion! DEFINITELY recommend it!

5/22/2014 12:30:40 PM

Reviewer: naturallykaramell, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I took this drug for about 6 months until my insurance did not cover it because i was at the start of my deductible. Seeing that i had to pay almost $100 for a pack for each month i went to my MD to ask for a generic or a drug that was similar to it. Well she told me there was no drug that had the same combo so she prescribed me a generic called tri-sprintec which was horrible. then i went to plan ... Show Full Comment

5/19/2014 2:52:37 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I can't speak to effectiveness, as I think I am either pregnant or having a terrible reaction to this pill. I am about three weeks late, have taken numerous home pregnancy test and one urine test in the clinic. All say not pregnant. I have breast tenderness, extreme grouchiness, like pms times 1000. I went on this because it was lower dose, but apparently I need the higher dose. I took my ... Show Full Comment

4/23/2014 5:42:42 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I took this for six months and this stopped and restarted. I got super nauseous when I first started it but that went away after a few days. My hair has thinned out but I think it was from stress and not the birth control because it didn't do it the first time I started, just this last time. I haven't had a single pimple the entire time I've been on it...not that I had acne bef ... Show Full Comment

3/13/2014 12:25:00 AM

Reviewer: Kboo, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on the Lo Down for 6 years now and love it. I started on Desogen that gave me heart palpitations and made me crazy hormonal. When I switched to the Lo, it was wonderful. I did have some weight gain though that took me forever to get off and it sometimes feels like even if I starve and workout like crazy, I still cant lose weight. But nothing serious so I stick with it.