Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo 28 oral.

11/9/2008 11:58:03 PM

Reviewer: cajw, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
i have taken these Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Oral for years now, i like the low dose of estrogen and my dr suggested this because of the low dose for my age ... i am 51 and he says he wants me to come off these maybe next year and talked about maybe HRT...harmone replacement therapy.. i dont realy think im wanting to do that..seems the bad side effects outweigh the good... anyone taken HRT ??? Thanks fo ... Show Full Comment

10/27/2008 6:40:40 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this pill for over 4 years. I am 20 and haven't had any problems. Maybe a little weight gain. It is easy to take. I usually take it around a certain time in the morning. My acne only flares up right before.

10/23/2008 10:14:41 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking OTC Lo for nearly two months. The first month I had slight spotting, but only for about a week or so. However, about two weeks into the first month I noticed that I was having terrible mood swings. I was either angry or depressed most days and had frequent crying spells (I've never had a problem with mood swings during PMS, and I did not cry very often in the past). My mood ... Show Full Comment

9/25/2008 9:50:11 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had to stop taking this medication, due to severe migraines and depression. I had tried it once before and experienced similar unpleasant side effects within the first month. This one just isn't for me. I had the worst headache of my life, it was so severe, I was sick to my stomach, and we nearly went to the emergency room. I'm sure it is effective as a birth control, and it regulate ... Show Full Comment

8/28/2008 2:46:23 PM

Comment:
I was on this pill for years and I loved it. I had VERY regular periods (every 4 Wednesdays) that were never very painful or heavy. Unfortunately, I had to switch to the regular since I lost my health insurance and the Lo does not have a generic. The regular made me very emotional but the Lo never effected my moods.