Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Duac topical.

9/26/2009 10:49:47 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    This product dried my skin out terribly. I used it for three months. I have had scaling and itching. After stopping this medicine I have broken out in bumps that remind me of poison oak. Since this is on my face, it's very embarrasing. I wish I had never tried this product.

8/12/2009 2:24:28 PM

Reviewer: dee, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been using this product for a couple of days now and so far no problem.I also use a retinol at night. For the reviewers that say that they experienced peeling, burning, severe cramps, it is stated in the paper that comes with the product. Some people dont bother to read this info and when they get a side effect they are suprised. I read the side effects and know that possibly I may experien ... Show Full Comment

5/27/2009 4:10:46 PM

Reviewer: CB, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
    My 13 year old daughter's acne was getting worse. She was prescribed Duac along with Differin and within 3 weeks her skin is 100% acne free. It did burn in the beginning and her skin did dry out, however, we used Aveeno lotion and it stopped the dryness. I cannot believe how clear her face is; she has been using this combination since 03/2009.

3/16/2009 12:10:01 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I am 27 years old with mild acne, redness and dry skin. I used this treatment once only. My entire face went bright red and blotchy, my eyes closed up, my skin peeled and several scaly patches have appeared. I have had to take the day off work and I don't know how I am going to cope with the rest of the week. I went back to the doctor and he said just wait for it to subside. As I was walking h ... Show Full Comment

2/28/2009 1:15:26 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    The first week my skin cleared up well. I believe it reacted with my other acne medecine and tanning so i got sick with stomach aches, and nausea from it for about 2 weeks now. Some of my acne is also starting to come back and it does not help the red spots. It will dry out your face so use a good non-oily lotion.