Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of metronidazole oral.

8/25/2015 12:48:37 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I am allergic to many antibiotics,so I am always fearful to take a new one. I was so uncomfortable, and in pain with this infection, and knew I had to start taking the Metronidazole. After doing some research, I found that this is often given to dogs for intestinal bacteria. Well, I figured if a dog could handle it, then I could too. It does taste terrible but if you hide it in food, it is tolera ... Show Full Comment

8/11/2015 7:49:07 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Was my own fault.I was warned by nurse prac that if I had drank any liquor to give it a few days.I started that day..horrible cramps throughout the first night and next day.I wanted to tough it out in case it was the liquor and right now on 2nd night..discharge isnt as thick and no smell. Stomach is not cramping at this point..but I dont have much of an appetite.

8/2/2015 6:24:24 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I'm took it for BV and my doctor wanted me to take it by mouth twice daily! By the fourth day it had cleared up! Only thing is that every night I would get this nasty taste in my mouth and on one day my urine got darker! There really wasn't any bad side effects! Take with food to reduce nausea!

7/27/2015 6:32:11 PM

Reviewer: bellis22, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I had a bad bv & took this. I love how fast it works. To prevent a yeast infection I am taking probiotics (eating yogurt and inserting plain yogurt in vagina) two hours after taking this pill. I am on day 4 and no more symptoms.. so far so great! The only side effect is sharp nasty taste in mouth throughout the day .

6/24/2015 9:54:59 PM

Reviewer: ASierra , 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I was recently diagnosed with BV and this is the 1st time I have been prescribed with drug. It has caused nausea and I had an upset stomach on day 1. I noticed my urine had darkened on day 2. This is THEE nastiest pill I have ever taken! It starts dissolving immediately after you put it in your mouth. The taste is indescribable. Now I take a sip of whatever I'm drinking fill my mouth up and th ... Show Full Comment