Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of metronidazole Oral.

7/23/2013 11:39:10 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Vaginosis caused by Bacteria
7/3/2013 3:05:30 PM

Reviewer: LuraleeB, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Within an hour of taking this drug I was struck with the most horrible headache of my life. I was dizzy and had diarhhea for 8 hours straight. I was weak and could hardly get out of my bed. Back to the headache, I can describe it as pressure building from my neck into my brain. It was stabbing and constant. Ice didn't help, neither did heat. I was sobbing and wishing I could die because thi ... Show Full Comment

5/31/2013 2:21:43 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was given a dose of 500mg twice daily for a week. On the second day, I for about 5 hours after the dose, felt extreme rage and anger along with very uncomfortable dizziness. Thank goodness I checked this website as I was getting a little worried about these feelings and did not think it was the medication until now I am on my fifth day and hate these feelings.

5/16/2013 11:19:37 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Only symptom I had for the need for this med was a really bad Oder this was gone after the 3 doss had some dizziness it did not affect my stomach but had a very bad taste in mouth like tin and nothing tastes good finished on 5-14-2013

5/9/2013 1:59:02 PM

Reviewer: FeelinBetterSoon, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have always had a problem taking any medication because of stomach problems, so before I started taking Metronidazole 500mg twice a day for 7 days I was horrified after reading the negative effect it had on so many. I think I let my nerves get the best of me in the beginning but I found that it wasn't as bad as I thought. I found that eating a small meal before I took it and taking it with a ... Show Full Comment