Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Forteo SubQ.

11/11/2013 3:03:12 PM

Reviewer: skwaha, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Injected for two years and showed a significant increase in bone mass - even 5+ years later

10/2/2013 6:00:11 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Forteo for 3 months. I have experienced a huge increase in my appetite I am hungry all the time it seems. I've been experiencing weird pains in my joints or possibly bones. My doctor says this could be what they call growing pains but now that I think about it how do I know if it might be bone cancer. These pains have me crying out at times. They cause my body to jerk at ti ... Show Full Comment

9/21/2013 4:03:15 PM

Reviewer: C.Gill, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Was on Forteo for 2 years and just had a bone density scan -- my bone density has decreased from scan two years ago! I feel really let down and angry. This drug is extremely costly and my insurance only picked up a part of it. At age 68 and on Soc. Sec. it was difficult to pay for this ineffective drug. Will see my Dr. soon and What's Next?

6/30/2013 10:57:42 PM

Reviewer: Stonenots, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Glad I didn't read these reviews before taking Forteo! Because of decreased bone mass, I was able to participate in a 6 year study of the effectiveness of denosumab (Prolia). There was some increase in my bone density and I never had any noticeable side effects. Unfortunately, I'm clumsy and had a serious fall, resulting in 5 compression fractures in my back. To build bone, not just mai ... Show Full Comment

6/13/2013 12:03:47 PM

Reviewer: cal, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
ON FORTEO FOR 18 MONTHS. SHOTS NOT TOO BAD BUT BRUISES ARE UNENDING. I JUST TOOK A DEXA TEST YESTERDAY. IT IS WORSE IN THE SPINE THAN BEFORE FORTEO, THE FEMUR WAS THE SAME. DOC WANTS ME BACK ON FOSAMAX THAT I TOOK FOR 10 YRS WITH ALL SIDE EFFECTS AND IT DID NOT WORK. NEW DOC?