Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Novolog Flexpen SubQ.

9/3/2011 8:03:00 PM

Reviewer: SweetBlood01, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My A1C was over 12.0 so I was placed on this medication in early August. I have done a complete turnaround in my diet and I try to exercise every day and the therapy has worked very well for me. I am averaging 126 on my levels but I have to watch my carb intake. I love sweets as much as anyone else, so my will power must be strong. Stick to it, exercise and most importantly, watch your carbohydrat ... Show Full Comment

6/10/2011 11:07:52 PM

Reviewer: Brian, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
The Flexpen involves some fiddling around befoe and after use. You have to attach a needle before use and you can't carry the Flexpen with needle attached. The air shot might be wasting some insulin that you are paying for, and there is a dribble of insulin on withdrawing the needle. Makes me wonder did I get the whole dose or is some of it dribbling away. You can't go out to dinner and in ... Show Full Comment

12/11/2010 9:00:50 PM

Reviewer: FRANK G,, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
HAVE USED THIS DRUG FOR 2 YEARS.. WORKS TOO WELL IF YOUR NOT REALLY ON TOP OF YOUR CARB INTAKE. THIS DRUG CAN QUICKLY LOWER YOUR SUGAR. I HAVE GONE FROM 220 TO 68 IN 30 MINS. IF YOU KNOW YOUR CARBS, THIS DRUG IS GREAT.

9/3/2010 2:05:19 PM

Reviewer: derakh, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I switched to insulin from glipizide because my husband and I are trying to conceive. I really like the control I get from Novolog. My doctor paired it with 10 units of Lantus and Metformin. The combo put my A1C at 5.9%. I really like not having to take a ton of pills each day. I am considering just staying on insulin even when we are not trying to have a baby.

11/29/2009 1:11:33 AM

Reviewer: Maria, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture