Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Novolog Flexpen subcutaneous.

4/10/2014 8:36:44 AM

Reviewer: novolog, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Caregiver)

Comment:
starting sugar glusloe go to low to often or to high

7/26/2013 10:36:23 AM

Reviewer: soulcatcher, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Was taking Humalog for several years - have been taking Novalog because it is cheaper. I take it with Levimir(55 units) and take about 54 units each meal. The effect in me can be delayed up to 4 hours, but it might be the scar tissue in my abdomen from taking so many shots. Taking more than 30 units can be hard and I sometimes split the shots to make it easier.

4/6/2013 10:22:32 PM

Reviewer: Highly favored, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Over all Novolog is good for diabetes it work well to keep my blood sugar down. I was having servere muscle cramps. To make a long story short the Novolog was causing me to have the severe cramps so the Dr. changed me to Medforman and Glipzide and so far the cramps have gotton much better almost none now.

2/20/2013 3:32:56 PM

Reviewer: Donna860, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Other than wasting the air shot insulin I don't have a problem with the ease of use, it's quick and easy. I do seem to have one side effect, I am constantly hungry, try to only eat things that will not raise my sugar, but I have gained eight pounds in the 3 weeks since i started taking it. I just got a treadmill, hoping that will help.

10/25/2012 9:07:26 PM

Reviewer: Novolog Flex Pen, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
this treatment works very well for me if I take it on time the way I should. I like it because if my blood sugar is high and I take it, it brings it down very quickly.