Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Colestid Oral.

4/5/2010 11:34:39 AM

Reviewer: countessat, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
After living 10 years with the flushing syndrome after gallbladder surgery in 1991, Colestid gave me a new life. I was not able to go anywhere without a restroom close by. I knew where every restroom was in businesses around town.I have recommended everyone that has the same problem to have their doctor prescribe this to them, it will change their lives.

3/11/2010 3:17:51 PM

Reviewer: Heartsss, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am using this drug with carafate to line my intestines due to having a spastic colon. I had my gall bladder out and 18 inches of my colon out and this is the first time I can go out and eat without running to the bathroom. It works and I am so thankful. My doctor had his gall bladder out and was having bathroom problems he put me on these meds and they are working for him and me!!!

2/17/2010 2:29:24 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've had diarreha for years. This is the only thing that seems to help. Missing a dose causes the diarreha to start up again.

12/24/2009 12:10:48 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was placed on this medication after recent gall bladder removal. The loose stool has slowed down quite a bit. But I've noticed some itching in my left under arm at this time. This will be monitored and reported to my primary.

12/14/2009 10:50:32 AM

Reviewer: Terri, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am taking this medication due to chronic diarrhea caused by my gall bladder removal. It truly has changed my life! I no longer have to be near a bathroon 24/7. I have only had one reoccurance of diarrhea and that was due to my missing my dose the day before. I was, however, in the bathroom most of the day. Therefore, I would highly recommend not missing a dose.