Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Colestid Oral.

2/1/2011 2:27:54 PM

Reviewer: stephkuz, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I take a half packet of Colestipol in the morning in orange juice, and I am good for breakfast, including coffee, and for the rest of the day. It controls diahrhea that resulted from gallbladder surgery in 1981. I have used it all this time with no side affects (probably because of the small dose). Experiment with a dosage that works. It makes all the difference in my lifestyle.

4/5/2010 11:34:39 AM

Reviewer: countessat, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
After living 10 years with the flushing syndrome after gallbladder surgery in 1991, Colestid gave me a new life. I was not able to go anywhere without a restroom close by. I knew where every restroom was in businesses around town.I have recommended everyone that has the same problem to have their doctor prescribe this to them, it will change their lives.

3/11/2010 3:17:51 PM

Reviewer: Heartsss, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am using this drug with carafate to line my intestines due to having a spastic colon. I had my gall bladder out and 18 inches of my colon out and this is the first time I can go out and eat without running to the bathroom. It works and I am so thankful. My doctor had his gall bladder out and was having bathroom problems he put me on these meds and they are working for him and me!!!

2/17/2010 2:29:24 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've had diarreha for years. This is the only thing that seems to help. Missing a dose causes the diarreha to start up again.

12/24/2009 12:10:48 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was placed on this medication after recent gall bladder removal. The loose stool has slowed down quite a bit. But I've noticed some itching in my left under arm at this time. This will be monitored and reported to my primary.

neti pot
6 steps for nasal irrigation.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
woman walking in fog
12 tips for managing your disease.
Woman running
10 ways to boost your metabolism.
What are the top ones?