Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Colestid Oral.

12/14/2009 10:50:32 AM

Reviewer: Terri, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am taking this medication due to chronic diarrhea caused by my gall bladder removal. It truly has changed my life! I no longer have to be near a bathroon 24/7. I have only had one reoccurance of diarrhea and that was due to my missing my dose the day before. I was, however, in the bathroom most of the day. Therefore, I would highly recommend not missing a dose.

9/24/2009 6:02:53 PM

Reviewer: LadyB, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I started using this for chronic diarrhea after I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago. It has been effective for stopping my diarrhea. I do experience more constipation now that I am on this medication.

4/5/2009 3:27:01 AM

Reviewer: soahcalm, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had galbladder removal, which caused loose stools, I also had Nissen surgery to correct reflux that sped up my digestive system (dumping syndrom) I take two imodium multi symptom tablets when i first awaken, and then take two colestid tablets bout a half hour before eating breakfast. then bout lunch time I take one imodium and one colestid. and before dinnter i take two colestid and two imodium ... Show Full Comment

3/19/2009 12:51:07 PM

Reviewer: sis, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
Husband had to take plavix and this countered side effects of plavix

2/26/2009 10:44:32 AM

Reviewer: velvet, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
i was prescribed this medication from my gastrointerologist for severe diarrhea associated with irritable bowel syndrome because nothing else has worked. it usually works well but the granules are like sand in your mouth-not very tasty.

man rubbing painful knee