Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Colestid oral.

12/24/2009 12:10:48 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I was placed on this medication after recent gall bladder removal. The loose stool has slowed down quite a bit. But I've noticed some itching in my left under arm at this time. This will be monitored and reported to my primary.

12/14/2009 10:50:32 AM

Reviewer: Terri, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I am taking this medication due to chronic diarrhea caused by my gall bladder removal. It truly has changed my life! I no longer have to be near a bathroon 24/7. I have only had one reoccurance of diarrhea and that was due to my missing my dose the day before. I was, however, in the bathroom most of the day. Therefore, I would highly recommend not missing a dose.

9/24/2009 6:02:53 PM

Reviewer: LadyB, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I started using this for chronic diarrhea after I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago. It has been effective for stopping my diarrhea. I do experience more constipation now that I am on this medication.

4/5/2009 3:27:01 AM

Reviewer: soahcalm, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I had galbladder removal, which caused loose stools, I also had Nissen surgery to correct reflux that sped up my digestive system (dumping syndrom) I take two imodium multi symptom tablets when i first awaken, and then take two colestid tablets bout a half hour before eating breakfast. then bout lunch time I take one imodium and one colestid. and before dinnter i take two colestid and two imodium ... Show Full Comment

3/19/2009 12:51:07 PM

Reviewer: sis, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
    Husband had to take plavix and this countered side effects of plavix