Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of colestipol oral.

6/27/2011 2:03:32 PM

Reviewer: Debbie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had my gallbladder removed 33 years and I have suffered from diarrhea to chronic diarrhea for up to 43 days in a row. After being on the powdered version of this drug for a month I have been on Colestipol 2 pills twice a day for 2 weeks and I am back to normal after 33 years. It is amazing to have a life again. I lived on 12-15 Amodium AD for almost 20 years and that was terrible but I don ... Show Full Comment

11/10/2010 7:49:40 PM

Reviewer: Ann, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I take it as I had my gallbladder removed and had diarhea. I want to know if this is a statin drug. I take colestipol

10/13/2010 6:49:34 PM

Reviewer: slammer1005, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Was prescribed for ibs-d and it did help me in that respect but my blood pressure went sky high and I had muscle aches. Mr dr. took me off the medication.

6/24/2010 9:09:20 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for almost 13 years now. 1 GM 3 times a day. I was diagnosed with colitis. Most of the time it works good for me but there are days when I have to take as many as 6 to get my bowels under control. I lost 20 pounds in 3 months before diagnosis and I only weigh 98 pounds now so I know if I could not get this medication I would likely be dead within 2 years. I would ... Show Full Comment

2/20/2010 8:42:49 AM

Reviewer: ajd, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Due to bladder cancer, I have a neo bladder which is made from 50cms of small bowel. Eight months post surgery, I had daily diarrea issues. My Gastroenterologist recommended Colestipol and I've been on it twice daily for 30 days and have seen a dramatic improvement. I can go out for extended periods of time again without the need of a close bathroom.

bloodstream
Tips to help prevent clots.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
Live and thrive.
gloved hand holding syringe
10 preventable diseases.
man eating meal
Folates, green tea and more.
Woman with stressed, fatigue
Get relief tips.
restroom sign
Food and drinks that make you go.
Understanding RA.