Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Diamox Oral.

11/9/2011 9:13:00 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in late summer 2011. I was NOT able to take the medication until 2 weeks after the spinal tap because the spinal tap pressure was NOT high enough by typical standards. I have been taking the medication for 1 week total. Tired, yes, but bearable, soda, YUCK tastes horrible, but who cares. Pins and needles in my feet come and go. Overall I am happy. It ... Show Full Comment

10/26/2011 8:24:25 AM

Reviewer: Mavournine, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Diamox for approximately 6 weeks now. I started out taking 250mg for a week and then was increased to 500mg/day. I saw my neuro approximately two weeks ago and my dose again was increased to 1000mg/day. I currently get a good bit of the side effects, i.e. numbness and tingling in my hands, face, legs, feet, everywhere really. Soda tastes gross, but that is okay. I am completely ... Show Full Comment

10/25/2011 9:58:42 PM

Comment:

Condition: Pseudotumor Cerebri
7/27/2011 11:53:22 PM

Reviewer: Debbie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Diamox for over 15 yrs. It has saved my life! I could not function without it. I am leading a very active life today. I was taking 500mg once a day and now I am on 500mg just twice a week. My symptoms are very mild. I am grateful to have this!

3/23/2011 2:55:19 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
this treatment has been working well with my IIH, but it makes my arms turn red when right after i take my first dose. I learned i had to eat with this medication very quickly, due to the medicine making my stomach upset. overall im pleased with it, just wish my Pharmacy's carried it. it's very hard to locate in my area the quantiy i need.