Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of acetazolamide oral.

8/20/2009 4:22:20 PM

Reviewer: DP09, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medication for 10 years and I feel as though it has saved my vision. The only notable side effect I have is occasionally my heel will feel numb. The benifits far outway any inconvenience mentined by other users. i wish thier experience was as good as mine.

7/1/2009 10:09:31 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this med for 2 1/2 months now, and was just taken off of it. I have began to experience random, odd bruising all over my body, as well as a rash looking like sunburn in areas that were not exposed to sun. I have also had numbness & tingling in my extremities. My Dr.'s want to try Lasix coupled with spinal taps next.

5/3/2009 1:29:44 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
When first started I was on 1500 mg a day, and if I didn't eat with them they made me feel really nauseated. I am now on only 250 mg a day. I found the extended release to be helpful when I was still on a high dosage. I had horrible tingling painful sensations in both my hands and feet, twitching in my hands, and facial ticks. With a lowered dose, all of those have subsided or greatly ... Show Full Comment

3/9/2009 11:18:40 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Cured my CSF buildup.. gotta take 4 a day. Makes most foods taste like crap. Deciding what to eat is a struggle.. Nothing tastes like it should. I can't eat foods I used to love. Still, I can see and my migraines are gone, so I'm happy.

2/24/2009 4:53:58 PM

Reviewer: hotrods girl, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medicine for only a week and a half and I have been fine! My back hurt the 1st few days but that went away! I have not had blurry vision or headaches so I'm happy! Also I used to drink 8 cans of Mt Dew a day and within 2 hours of taking my 1st pill it gave my dew the absolute most disgusting taste imaginable! So it helped me do something long overdue! No longer a soda ... Show Full Comment