Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lomotil.

3/27/2015 11:23:11 PM

Reviewer: middy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had IBS, diarrhea dominant, most of my life. I used to be home bound, going out to eat-never could do that because I never knew how my stomach would react to food at any given time. This medication has been a life saver. It has allowed me to have some normalcy in my life as far as getting out of my home, doing things like grocery shopping, eating out, or just being able to spend a day in to ... Show Full Comment

3/21/2015 1:13:10 AM

Reviewer: Erikawraps2015, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've had an allergic reaction, I do believe. Blisters on my toungue/ gums and my gums/teeth hurt so bad. This med is the only thing new I've taken. Anyone else experience this?

10/27/2014 11:09:25 PM

Reviewer: Dee, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Diarrhea
5/4/2014 12:12:53 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have suffered from diarrhea for many years. Lomotil is the first drug that has worked very effectively for me. I started out with 8 tablets per day (2 tabs 4 x per day). I now take two tabs in the a.m. and two tabs before bedtime. I have also increased my fiber intake and my intake of water for a better health result. This drug is a life-saver!

2/11/2014 10:26:14 PM

Reviewer: Joy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I began taking Lomotil after colon cancer surgery resulted in diarrhea. I've taken it for 5 months along with Imodium. It works well to control the diarrhea but I have experienced lots of dreaming and my vision is blurred. I worry about long term side effects as my oncologist says I will probably have this problem the rest of my life.

sore foot
3 warning signs.
mature woman holding fan in face
Symptoms and treatments.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver