Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Megace Oral.

7/9/2008 12:47:34 AM

Reviewer: tjonesey66, Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The only bad thing I can say about Megace is the side effects for me were not great. It caused weight gain, but I was told it should go away after my surgery to correct my condition. But it did stop my problem of having extreme bleeding with my endometriosis.

6/26/2008 2:09:09 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on megace to shrink a tumor,which it did. I also gained 30#. I was on it for 11yrs. I blame it for a cyst on my right ovary & one behind my rt knee.

6/20/2008 3:00:42 PM

Reviewer: JoGee, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am 51 and had a hysterectomy 20 years ago. I am taking Megace to shrink what three gyno's think may be a tumor, hydrosalpinx or endometriosis. My blood pressure shot up to 162/102. I was at my family doctor and he put me on BP meds. He says it is because of this medicine. I am very fit, but a little frightened of this drug. Any help?

4/22/2008 10:18:38 PM

Reviewer: PoseyChild, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This drug saved my life! I was losing weight due to cancer. I had dropped 72 pounds over the course of 5 weeks. My onocologist suggested this drug and it has reversed the appetite loss; I'm now gaining weight and my strength.

3/10/2008 11:49:34 AM

Reviewer: Jackie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
My 87 yo mother was put on Megace for appetite stimulation following a stroke.Be fore going on this, she was able to talk and carry on a conversation, one week post stroke.After three days on this,she had mood swings,seemed unable to talk, and these symptoms increased,she was on it for 3 weeks until I insisted it be stopped.She also was nauseous and barely able to hold up her head.I feel she had a ... Show Full Comment