Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Parnate oral.

1/19/2010 12:11:43 PM

Reviewer: Mudd d, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Parnate for such a long time I guess its in my intermost parts of my brain. I tried to quit it and get on Paxil but, the side effects of paxil on me was just too much to take and I did a slow taper off of parnate too. It does'nt work too good on me, but it still does help some.

1/16/2010 4:44:39 PM

Reviewer: jwthei@comcast.net, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Depression
1/5/2010 9:13:56 PM

Reviewer: onemoore, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have tried everything from hospitals, ECT, medication, hypnosis etc! Parnate & lithium combo seems to have the best effect for me but now would like to be pregnant -has anyone advice with what to expect? I suffer the usual side effects like dizzyness, anxiety, blurred vision, however there doesn't seem to be any proven information on the effects of partnate and pregnancy. I still suffer se ... Show Full Comment

12/28/2009 2:44:06 AM

Reviewer: dls, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Exactly what I feared has happened. After trying many different (types of) drugs over the years, I was put onto parnate. I really expected it to work, as it was the last-resort. I have had ECT and even that didn't work. I didn't mind the diet etc, even though I did have to go to ER once with one of those famous parnate headaches. However, I have just come off parnate as it is just not ... Show Full Comment

12/11/2009 9:36:40 PM

Reviewer: Blacky, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I had suffered with depression from the age of 12 years. After numerous medications and Doctors and hospitisation, I finally found a Dr who put me on Parnate and I have nerver looked back. I have taken this drug since 1980. It has kept me well and I Cannot praise my Doctor enough. Although I live five hours drive from my Doctor he over the twenty nine years has kept in constant contact with me by ... Show Full Comment