Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of pravastatin Oral.

10/12/2013 9:34:55 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I did not have any muscle issues but I did have digestive issues. I would get a sour burp and then experience vomiting and diarrhea about every other week. It lasted about two days. I went to digestive specialists and had a scope done and they found no problems. I went to another MD and he said it was a side effect of the drug and gave me permission to stop cold turkey. I did and it has been six ... Show Full Comment

10/6/2013 12:30:24 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Male on Treatment for 10 years or more

Comment:
I have been taking 80 mg. of this drug daily for over 10 years. No noticeable side effects and it has been very effective/ My total cholesterol is 157 with the hel and ldl being in the normal range.

9/2/2013 11:07:36 AM

Reviewer: mollierivers, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have had an upset stomach since I was upped to 40mg from 20mg diarrhea. Feeling awlful all the time. I never thought that it could be the medication. Going to talk to my GP tomorrow and hopefully stop it!

8/24/2013 2:46:41 PM

Reviewer: christina r, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After 2 weeks on the 40mg tablet I had severe pain in my feet&hands.Burning,shooting pains that kept me awake-nothing relieved the pain.Then I started going into a state of severe exhaustion by the end of each day.My arms&legs felt like leaden weights.I could barely move them and normally I am a very active person.This went on for the 3rd week and finally I stopped the pravastatin.It took ... Show Full Comment

8/17/2013 12:09:38 AM

Reviewer: grjsh23, Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The doctor i go to prescribed the medicine in March and my cholesterol was good when i seen the doctor in may and i get my cholesterol once a year.