Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Prinivil Oral.

6/18/2011 1:51:11 PM

Comment:
60 yrs old F - Had borderline high BP and have been taking 5 mg of Lisinopril per day for past month. I feel much better & it has controlled my BP, but the cough/post nasal drip may be the deal breaker on this one. Too bad, because othewise it has worked great for me. I also wonder what it does to the lungs over time.

5/12/2011 4:04:39 PM

Reviewer: dumbuthappy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
For over a year the drug worked very well. I had a SUDDEN SEVERE allergic reaction. My tongue began swelling and within an hour I could not talk or swallow. I spent an afternoon in the ER getting IV prednisone and benadryl followed by prednisone and benadryl orally for a week.

4/11/2011 11:22:16 AM

Reviewer: jwes, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
i take 50 mg of atenolol twice daily, 10 mg. of norvasc, and 40 mg. of prinivil and still have hogh bp

4/4/2011 3:08:41 PM

Reviewer: MImiMarty, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
I was taking the minimum dose of lisinopril and developed a dry, hacking cough will chills and muscle aches. My doctor told me to go home and gargle salt water! I changed doctors and the first thing he said after asking why I was there and what I was taking, "It's the Lisinopril. Let me give you something else!" My husband is a diabetic and has really bad high blood pressure. He ... Show Full Comment

2/23/2011 10:15:28 AM

Reviewer: protex, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I work in a high stress professional field. I was put on 30 mg of lisinopril, and within 2 months had gained over 20 pounds with my regular 3 mile a day walk and work out. I felt as though I was working thru a thick fog and lost a lot of ability to concentrate. I dropped off the foul stuff, and feel like I am re-involved with life again. A good cigar with an after dinner drink is better to control ... Show Full Comment

Woman running
Boost Your Metabolism.
Tips to kick the habit.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
fat caliper
Check your BMI.
man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.