Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Provera Oral.

5/31/2014 12:58:51 AM

Reviewer: Faith, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
No period for over 40 days. Took 10mg daily for 7 days to help start it. Period arrived 7 days after discontinuing. PMS symptoms were moderate to severe. 1st day of period was very very heavy. 2nd day moderate. It worked well for me, at least this time.

5/27/2014 5:47:14 PM

Reviewer: jd93, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had always had regular periods, but I had missed a period for two months in a row. I went to my gyno who prescribed me (generic) Provera to start my period. I did not experience any negative side effects from the medicine except for increased irritability and some mood swings. After taking 1 pill a day for 10 days, I started to experience normal period symptoms for me. 8 days after my last dose ... Show Full Comment

10/17/2013 1:44:34 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 25 yr old female that has not had a period in 5+ months. Was given this medication for 10 days. Took the medication at night, and did not experience any side effects, but it's been 7 days after taking all of the medication and have yet to begin my period. Go back to the OBGYN in 2.5 weeks. Hope it comes soon, or back to the drawing board.

9/17/2013 9:13:08 AM

Reviewer: grrl2123, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on 10mg once daily for 5 days and I still never got a period. waiting to go back to the Dr. to see what is going on. But, I am 28 year old female who has not had a period in 5+ months after stoping the birth control pill. My Dr gave me this to bring my period back. so far it hasn't worked. I was SUPER moody, depressed, ready to cry at any given moment and my breasts are soooo tender!

9/12/2013 4:51:43 AM

Reviewer: evybntz, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took this to start a period in preparation for infertility testing. I took it for 10 days and got my period 4 days after the last pill. I have taken it 2 times so far and the 2nd time I also got it 4 days after last pill. With Provera I had breast tenderness a week before the start of my period. Experienced a lot of moodiness my first time around, the second was not that bad. It works well for m ... Show Full Comment

man rubbing painful knee