Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Provera Oral.

10/17/2013 1:44:34 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 25 yr old female that has not had a period in 5+ months. Was given this medication for 10 days. Took the medication at night, and did not experience any side effects, but it's been 7 days after taking all of the medication and have yet to begin my period. Go back to the OBGYN in 2.5 weeks. Hope it comes soon, or back to the drawing board.

9/17/2013 9:13:08 AM

Reviewer: grrl2123, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on 10mg once daily for 5 days and I still never got a period. waiting to go back to the Dr. to see what is going on. But, I am 28 year old female who has not had a period in 5+ months after stoping the birth control pill. My Dr gave me this to bring my period back. so far it hasn't worked. I was SUPER moody, depressed, ready to cry at any given moment and my breasts are soooo tender!

9/12/2013 4:51:43 AM

Reviewer: evybntz, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took this to start a period in preparation for infertility testing. I took it for 10 days and got my period 4 days after the last pill. I have taken it 2 times so far and the 2nd time I also got it 4 days after last pill. With Provera I had breast tenderness a week before the start of my period. Experienced a lot of moodiness my first time around, the second was not that bad. It works well for m ... Show Full Comment

8/25/2013 12:03:00 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
ok so my first round i took it and they gave me a 5 day prescription, waited 10 days and didnt start my cycle...i went through the moodiness, hot flashes and nausea...called my doctor and they said i was supposed to have a 10 day supply, so i have to start all over again except this time, im taking it right before bed so i can sleep off the side effects...so far im on day 3 and only problem im hav ... Show Full Comment

6/23/2013 3:30:11 PM

Reviewer: Melissa, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take this medicine for 10 day program to start my period, but by the 7th or 8th day I get swollen ankles, feet & hands, put on weight, cravings, and get a very very bad migraine... I am not sure if I am goin to continue to use this medicine. I would rather have missed periods then to have these side effects.