Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Synthroid Oral.

3/10/2009 2:22:06 PM

Reviewer: va patient in IN, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
After 2 months, my fatigue is beginning to return but not quite as bad as it was. My dosage was recently double by my endocrinologist because some of my symptoms are not improving. I am still optimistic because I feel better than I did before I began the medication.

3/10/2009 2:21:53 PM

Reviewer: bb1226, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
In the spring of 2008 I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Was taking medication to slow it down and worked great. I was happy with my increased energy, feeling, however my endo said this is not a long term treatment. Then my hair started falling out. In the fall had radioactive iodine treatment and prescribed synthroid. Energy level dropped, gained weight and no energy to exercise. Irritable ... Show Full Comment

3/9/2009 7:57:01 PM

Reviewer: bigbooty, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Having lots of hair loss and also weight graining.

3/7/2009 9:26:27 PM

Reviewer: mimi, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I started to have more energy and wasn't so tired after some time of taking the medication but now my face is red and has patchy dry spots.

3/7/2009 7:23:50 PM

Reviewer: Serlyndi, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Synthroid for seven years and I believe I have developed an allergy to it. It worked beautifully at first. Even now, I do not experience the hair loss or pain in my legs, but other things are happening. My weight has progressively gotten worse. GP says blood work shows normal so I shouldn't be having a problem with my weight. This is frustrating! I am retaining serious fluid. ... Show Full Comment

man rubbing painful knee