Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Synthroid Oral.

11/15/2007 12:13:31 PM

Reviewer: Mare, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Hello, I have been using Synthroid for over ten years and find it the best to use. I have never had my dose increased as I follow the SPECIFIC directions for use. Take it at the same time every day (for me, 5 A.M.!)and on an empty stomach--for one hour. I have found, my morning coffee is fine with no cream, or half and half ; a food. I tried the generic form and it did not have the same affect ... Show Full Comment

11/15/2007 6:29:03 AM

Reviewer: Theresa, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been diagnosed with a low thyroid condition and have been treated for 60 days with Synthroid. My doctor said I would probably lose some weight although I am not overweight or obese. In 60 days of being on this medication I have gained 12 pounds!!

11/11/2007 8:08:09 PM

Reviewer: determined_lady, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
When I first started taking the medicine it made me produce to much insulin and my thyroid went coo-coo. I started to hurt and swell, it was a scary experience. I called my dr. and he was like I should be ok and acted unconcerned, so I started taking only a half of a pill and things are great.

11/9/2007 4:17:08 PM

Reviewer: conn520, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have been on this for 8 years and hve done fine.

11/8/2007 10:14:21 AM

Reviewer: Meesoo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
It's part of my daily routine, so I don't even think about it.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.