Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Tofranil oral.

10/9/2009 6:03:52 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I was told by my doctor that I was prescribed this for my problems sleeping and headaches. I did not know it was an anti-depressant. (I'm underage, I'm guessing my parents knew). At first I was hesitant to take it, but this medicine has helped me with my symptoms. It was only mildly effective with my sleep issues so I take Melatonin as well. As for depression, my doctor recently upped ... Show Full Comment

9/28/2009 8:33:44 PM

Reviewer: ladeanjanel, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on this medication for a long period of time (about 4 years) for a permanent mood disorder. I experienced muscle twitches on the beginning of treatment and my doctor reassured me that they would go away once my body adjusted to the medication. These twitches later turned into tremors affecting my right hand. Medication was discontinued however, the tremors have become permanent. They are ... Show Full Comment

3/29/2009 6:33:33 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
After years of depression and trying several newer antidepressants (that had bad side effects), I was prescribed Tofranil by my dr. I take a very low dose, but it is a "miracle" drug. I have my life back. Constipation is a side-effect, but it is controlled by an increase in fiber intake.

3/21/2009 7:36:46 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Depression
12/30/2008 1:35:35 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This was the first antidepressent that I took 20 years ago when I was 13. It was hard core stuff with terrible side effects-- severe constipation that caused hemorrhoids (which is extremely embarrasing for a 13 yr. old), loss of concentration, and terrible insomnia. It is a very old school drug, one of the first classes of antidepressants. I am surprised they still prescribe this med.

neti pot
6 steps for nasal irrigation.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
woman walking in fog
12 tips for managing your disease.
Woman running
10 ways to boost your metabolism.
What are the top ones?