Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of labetalol Oral.

3/15/2013 3:23:32 PM

Reviewer: Shelia, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
this was a terrible medication for me. the side effects were horrible. no energy, tired all the time, scalp tingleing, gained weight and could not lose it, felt like I was constantly in a fog. my dr finally took me off it 2 weeks ago and wow, I feel like a different person, full of energy losing weight, alert!!

3/11/2013 10:14:49 PM

Reviewer: wbridge165, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Muscle problems and trouble breathing Nasal congestion and chest pressure

3/7/2013 2:43:27 PM

Reviewer: patientpatient123, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Labetalol did not bring my blood pressure down. I was taking 300mgs twice a day. I experienced tingling in the scalp, dizziness, and nausea. Most importantly, my blood pressure did not come down. I switched to Procardia (Nifedical 60 mg) once a day, and since then my blood pressure has come down. I've only experience sore, itchy ankles as a side effect for Nifedical.

2/25/2013 12:20:02 PM

Reviewer: feeling tired, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
When I first taking this medication was in the hospital and everything went down hill from there. I was extremely tired to the point of being dizzy. I was instructed to take the medication 3x's a day. I experienced severe chest pains to the point I had to use nitro patches three times. I stopped taking it before reading the what would happen and I was even more tired and still had chest pai ... Show Full Comment

1/26/2013 10:56:45 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
it works most of the time to help keep my BP stable. Sometimes lowers it too much