Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Methimazole Oral.

5/26/2008 1:20:34 AM

Reviewer: Sheryl from Long Island, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I can't believe no one else has had the reaction I have had to this drug! I cough like I have bronchitis and I've been on this for 6 wks. The Dr. took me off it 2x and checked my blood to see if there is an infection. Both times were neg. so he put me back on. The coughing went away both times while awaiting the results and came back as soon as I started taking it again. It's a lower d ... Show Full Comment

5/12/2008 3:37:29 AM

Reviewer: Nancy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on meds for 18 days. I am now having severe reactions: including brown urine, nausea, insomnia, severe itching over my entire body,some fever,tired and weak. My doctor told me to stop taking meds. Am waiting for symptoms to subside to see what the Doctor wants to do.

5/10/2008 9:51:00 PM

Reviewer: Sennia, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism,,,, since taking this meadication i am sleeping better and my profuse sweating wherever i went or whatever i did has ceased,,,,,My Dr, says prolonged use is dangerous !! I have been on Carbimazole for 3 months nowAustralian Brand name,, I am to have nuclear mdication to check for goitre nodules etc,then if present will have my thyroid gland destroyed through ... Show Full Comment

4/22/2008 1:39:56 PM

Reviewer: Jane, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking this for 6 weeks and I've been very tired, dizzy. Difficulty sleeping and itchy legs.

4/15/2008 7:11:01 PM

Reviewer: Colleen, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
My thyroid is up and down. too high and then too low.

Does your kid have symptoms?